Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State who has only 15 days to hand over to a new governor has approved the renaming of some edifices including tertiary institutions, roads and hospitals after himself, former governors of the state, monarchs and some notable personalities in the state.
Ajimobi made this announcement on Tuesday via a statement made available to DAILY POST by the Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Mr. Toys Arulogun.
Arulogun in the statement informed that some roads and institutions have been approved for renaming by the Executive Council of the State.
He stated that the Executive Council reached the decision to rename the roads and institutions at its meeting held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, stressing that the process for the amendment of the enabling laws for the institutions will commence immediately.
Arulogun said that the decision of the Executive Council was in recognition of the individuals’ contributions to the development of Oyo State, their Chosen Career and the humanity.
– Oyo State College of Agriculture, Igboora will now be known as Lam Adesina College of Agriculture, Igboora. The institution is named after a former governor, Alhaji Lamidi Adesina, who ruled the state between 1999 and 2003.
The Ibarapa Polytechnic Eruwa will now be called Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic, Eruwa. Ogundoyin during his lifetime was business mogul and a native of Eruwa.
Maternal And Peadiatric Centre, Olodo Ibadan now to be known as Abiola Ajimobi Maternal and Paediaitric Centre.
-Elebu Road is named after ex-governor Alao-Akala to be known as Alao-Akala Way,
while Monatan Olodo Road is named after Chief Rashidi Ladoja, also a former governor.
-The Onireke-Agbarigo Road will now be known as Onikepo Akande Road
– Festac Road, Mokola now Adebayo Faleti Road.
-Transformation Flyover, Challenge – Efunsetan Road is to be known as Lam Adesina road, Ijokodo
– Apete road is to be called Ambassador Olu Sanu road.
The newly-constructed Zonal Mediation Centre, Ogbomosho will be named Justice Atilade Ojo Mediation Centre, the Ilorin Express Junction-Ikoyi
– Takie – Palace – Ogbomoso Grammar School road is now Soun Oyewumi Ajagungbade Road
-The Ibadan/Oyo Express/Iseyin-Owode with spur to Akesan-Palace and Old Ibadan-Oyo road is now Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi III road.
– Eleyele-Dugbe ANCE Road is now Oba Saliu Adetunji road
– Idi-Ape – Bashorun Akobo Road is now Abiola Ajimobi way