Little did many Nice know that every one that is of taxable age and has obtained either BVN or NIN has been allocated a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) by the Nigerian government.
The taxpayer identification number (TIN) is a unique identifier for an individual or a company for the specific purpose of tax remittance and it is issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). As a business or individual, TIN is important because that is what shows that you are a registered taxpayer in Nigeria, and as you know that tax payment is made compulsory, every company, business, individual must have their own unique tax identification number.
Registered company/business will however need to Apply for TIN online separately. Follow the steps below to check your personal Tax Identification Number (TIN) with either BVN or NIN
– Visit https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/
– Select your Date of Birth.
– Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or NIN or BVN or Registered Phone Number
– Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above
– Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box
– Click the Search button