After approving the suspension of Magu, President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, July 10, appointed Muhammad Umar to take over the chairmanship of the anti-graft agency in an acting capacity. But not so much is known about the new leader of the commission; thus, we have brought to you some key facts about Umar.
1. Until his latest appointment on Friday, Umar served as the director of operations in the EFCC.
2. Records have it that Umar is the fifth official to handle the mantle of leadership of the anti-corruption body.
3. The new EFCC acting boss is also a deputy commissioner of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF).
4. He is next to Magu as the most senior operative of the commission.
5. The new appointee is also a devoted Muslim.